Friday, August 21, 2009

Time flies!

Wow, is it Friday already? I had a little mid-week fun that made this week feel like it just melted away, faster than the Wicked Witch of the West when Dorothy threw a bucket of water on her!

In case you didn't guess, I went to see "Wicked" on Wednesday, thus the Oz reference.... I went with my best friend, Lisa, and my Goddaughter, Sarah. We met at Grand Central Station, cabbed over to the Museum of Modern Art, which was fabulous, then on to some great food and fun at Dave & Busters before walking to the theatre. Was I ever happy to sit down! The show was really terrific - it tells the "back story" of the Wizard of Oz and is vastly different than the book (which I read but didn't love as it was very dark and strange in some parts). We had great seats, center stage, front of the 1st Mezzanine so we could see a bit into the Orchestra Pit. Live music is such a treat.

Needless to say, my mid-week fun wore me out and I didn't get any studio work done from Tuesday to now! I have everything all lined up and am going to jump into the project tomorrow - I have to finish by Saturday night to stick with my one-a-week committment to myself. Can't be falling apart on week TWO!

Off to the ironing board to press my fabrics... more tomorrow, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment