Sunday, August 30, 2009

Going "green", creatively...

"CraftCycle" by Heidi Boyd (North Light Books, 2009) is my most recent book acquisition. It caught my eye because I really like found object & repurposed object art. One of the projects on the cover is a tote bag made of paper chains (like the gum wrapper chains I made as a kid). I definitely want to make one of them but it will probably take more than a weeks worth of time - I'll work on that in between other things and will post a photo when I'm done. I haven't settled on what I'll do this week - the book is full of fun ideas using all kinds of things. I'm going to restrict myself to using only things I already have - after all, it's all about using what we've got, not buying more!

Stampington & Co has a new publication, "GreenCraft" which is another great resource for projects using re-purposed & recycled items. And, I've recently discovered two more magazines that I love, "Green" (sustainable architecture and landscape design), and Boho, a "green' fashion magazine with a hippie chick flair. The contents of the last two magazines are great and an even better bonus for me is that they are printed on matte paper which makes the pages great for collage! Hmmm, seems I may have a bit of a magazine addiction as well....

Check back in a day or two to see what I've decided to make

No comments:

Post a Comment