Monday, August 17, 2009

Here's to week #Two!

Week #2 is here and I am in the mood to do some sewing. I found a little bundle of fabric I bought at the Somers Quilt show in May and I think it will make a pretty purse.

"Designer Style Handbags" by Sherri Haab (Watson-Guptill, 2005) is the book I've chosen. I could probably make this bag without the aid of a book but I had marked the page as a project I wanted to do out of the book so, I'm finally going to do it! The project includes transferring a photo to fabric so that will add another techinque to my week.

By the way, we had a great time at our concert - very "Red, White & Blue" with Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels, & Billy Ray Cyrus. It was a nice evening full of tributes to our troops, veterans, and their families. Nothing like thousands of people singing "I'm Proud to be an American" and waving American flags. Our segue to Atlantic City was fun too, we even managed to win a little money while we were there!

I have been finding myself drawn to my studio a bit more - exactly what I was hoping when I started this blog project. Check back in a couple of days to see what I'm working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment