Sunday, January 10, 2010

A lovely book...

"Wild at the Edges" is a wonderful book by artist, quilter, poet & adventurer, Virginia Spiegel. I have always been inspired by Virginia's work, and the amazing amount of money she has raised for cancer research through quilt & art fundraisers. What I never knew, however, was about Virginia's "wild' side, where she and her sister renew their relationship with nature through a backpack and canoe trip - and I mean in real wilderness, bears and all!

This book is a combination of fabulous photography, tales of adventure and many of Virginia's haiku poems. Through the photos, stories & poetry, I joined the journey to the Boundary Waters (from the comfort of my couch), wishing I was brave enough to be so adventerous.

For now, I'll settle for enjoying this lovely book. Take a peek at Virginia's website, www.virginiaspiegel.com, where there is a link to the book & you can purchase your own.

Thanks, Virginia, for sharing your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment