Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Blank Canvas Day

Peeling away the layers of my studio desk was a walk back through what I've been up to for the past couple of months. One of the things I uncovered was a poem that I wrote a few years ago. I don't know why I had it out but I'm sharing it with you here:

"A Blank Canvas Day"
by Gail Ellspermann

A blank canvas sits before me.
As I ponder where I will begin
I pause to wonder
What it must be like to be completely blank
and anxiously await a creative hand.

Each day is like a blank canvas.
Will the day turn out blue and sad
or yellow and happy?
A confusion of colors and shapes
or sweetly calm and serene -

Unlike the canvas,
which is at the mercy of the artist -
We have the power to make each day
a little better,
a little brighter.

Today is a blank canvas.
Pick up the paintbrush of kindness,
add the colors of joy,
and delight in the possibilities
before you.

2 comments: