Sunday, August 26, 2012

A great studio weekend

It has been a while since I have had a free weekend.  On Friday, I decided that this weekend would be all studio time - something I've been missing!  It has been a great weekend, on Saturday I worked on a writing project, made some progress on unfinished projects and worked on the quilts inspired by the books in my last post.  Sunday was spent outside, sunprinting fabric with Setacolor.  I wanted to take advantage of the sunshine & comfortable temperature.  After I cleaned up from that, I headed back to my sewing machine.  It's been a fun weekend!

I decided on the photo for the quilt inspired by Jean Wells' book, "Journey to Inspired Art Quilting". I took this picture in Bermuda, while my sister, Leslie, and I were walking to the "sea glass" beach in St. George's. 

I stopped to take a scenery picture and the color of the berries against the color of the sea caught my eye.  I love these colors so much that I'm working on using them as my logo colors.  Persimmon, Apple Green, Turquoise & Slate.  Yummy colors!

Here is the scenic shot I stopped to take:

The quilt is a work in progress, as is the quilt from the book "Quilting Modern".  I should have them both finished by the end of the week.

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend, spent doing something that you love!

1 comment: