Monday, May 31, 2010

Time for some lakeside peace...


I'm packing for my trip to the Squam Art Workshop http://www.squamartworkshops.com/ in New Hampshire. I am SO ready for a peaceful lakeside retreat! The amazing Jenny Doh http://www.crescendoh.com/ is the Keynote Speaker and a special friend. I have no idea what the topic of her speech will be but I already know that it will be insightful, thought provoking, and wonderful.

I've signed up for a few classes - it is always fun to learn new techniques and to work in a class atmosphere, seeing what everyone else is up to. I sometimes feel somewhat isolated in my studio, it is good for me to "play with others' from time to time!

There is a vendor fair on Saturday evening and I am going to be there, selling some of my artwork including original collages, art quilts and jewelry. As usual, I'm looking forward to doing a little shopping, too!

My quilt group, Fiber Art Northeast, has a show opening at the Mahopac Public Library, in Mahopac, New York, next Sunday. The show runs for the whole month of June and is sure to be a feast for the eyes. If you are unable to visit, a book including all of the work in the show will be available. Learn more at http://www.fiberartnortheast.blogspot.com/ , the new blog for the group.

Well, off to pack & finish getting ready for my trip. I know that I've fallen off the "Bookworm 52" path that got me started on blogging but a lot of other things have captured my attention for now. The whole purpose of that project was to help get my creative tail in gear again so I've got to follow the path I find myself on.
I'll take plenty of pictures at Squam and will post about it when I get back~--

1 comment:

  1. I'm pea green with envy! Can't wait to hear about it when you're back.
    jane

    ReplyDelete